Broadcaster & Media Accreditation
Broadcaster & Media registration for the Special Olympics World Games Berlin 2023 is now open!
Any media wishing to apply for media credential are invited to visit the link below to submit a registration request. The deadline for media registration is 30 April 2023.
Please note that you will receive an email as soon as your registration has been processed.
BROADCASTER & MEDIA REGISTRATION MANUAL
For more information on the registration form, see the Broadcaster & Media Registration Manual here.
Required Data for Registration
- First name, Last name
- Date of birth
- Organization name
- A copy of your press card, AIPS card, professional credential, or other official document, e.g., approval from your editor or national SO organization to verify your status as a bona-fide media representative
- Credential photo: A headshot photo, as it will be printed on your credential. It must be in JPG/JPEG/PNG format.
Rights-holding broadcasters, who would like to submit a bulk registration, please contact the Berlin 2023 Media and Broadcast Operations Team at firstname.lastname@example.org, to receive a link and more details on the process for uploading multiple participants.
Special Olympics Delegation Communication Staff who are part of a Special Olympics Program/Delegation need to be registered as Additional Staff (AS) via the Delegation Registration. All additional communication staff that is not included in the delegation's quota needs to apply for a credential via the Broadcaster & Media registration.
- Host Broadcaster: Media Team Berlin 2023 will be responsible for host broadcaster registration.
- Rights-Holding Broadcaster: Rights-Holding Broadcaster are radio and television companies with broadcasting rights for the Special Olympics World Games Berlin 2023.
- Non-Rights-Holding Broadcaster: Non-Rights-Holding Broadcaster are radio and television companies without broadcasting rights for the Special Olympics World Games Berlin 2023.
- Photographer: All Photographers must choose this category for registration.
- Press: Media representatives that work for Written Press, Digital Press, Social Media, News Agencies or Governmental Institutions.
- LOC Documentation Crew: Media Team Berlin 2023 will be responsible for registration of the documentation crews.
The Berlin 2023 Local Organizing Committee has reserved a limited number of hotel rooms for accredited media. When filling in the registration form, please choose “YES” in the accommodation section, if you are interested in booking accommodation at a media hotel.
Please note that accommodation requests cannot be guaranteed, are subject to availability and will be available on a first come, first serve basis and at your own cost. Once your application for media credential is approved and you have indicated your interest in this media accommodation option, the Berlin 2023 Media Team will provide you with the booking details and procedures.
Note: We strongly encourage you to start booking your accommodation as soon as possible once your credential has been approved. June is the busiest month in Berlin and accommodation availability is already tight.
Main Media Center & International Broadcast Center
The Main Media Center (MMC) and International Broadcast Center (IBC) of the Special Olympcis World Games Berlin 2023 will be located at ICC (Messe Berlin).
Address: Messedamm 22, 14055 Berlin
Opening and Closing press conferences will be hosted at the MMC. Accredited media will have access to workspaces at the MMC as well as to media spaces at the venues.
Further information will be published in the media and broadcast guide prior to the start of the Games.
Media Code of Conduct
All registered media shall comply with the Special Olympics World Games Berlin 2023 policies, rules, and regulations outlined in the Media Code of Conduct.