The Host Family Program – bringing families together
The Host Family Program will take place during the Special Olympics World Games Berlin 2023: Traveling families from all countries meet with families living in Berlin and Germany to spend time together, exchange about culture and make new friends.
Below you can apply to be part of the program by becoming either a Host Family or a Visiting Family.
- You are registered for the Family Program
- You are traveling to Berlin to attend the Special Olympics World Games
- You want to meet families that are living in Berlin and exchange with them about Special Olympics
- Get to know local families and make long lasting friends
- The Host Families may help you with infos about Berlin
- The Host Families may show you around in Berlin
- You can spread the message of Special Olympics
Do you want to meet up with local Families?
- You live in Berlin or you are in Berlin during the Games and you would like to meet with an arriving family.
- You contact the family before the Games.
- You provide support and infos for orientation in Berlin.
- You independently arrange a meeting with the Visiting Family.
- Free day ticket for our sport competitions
- You find a partner family, build a relationship, experience unparalleled connections
Would you like to be a Host Family?
This program is not about accommodation, but about meeting at the competitions, activities or in the city.
The application deadline is on 28 April 2023.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that we will find a visiting family for all host families and vice versa. You will receive your acceptance letter and family contact in May.