Non-Competitive Sports Offer
The Non-Competitive Sports Offer (NCSO) is an integral part of Special Olympics events. It provides activities manageable for any level of ability. It aims to foster encounters for people with and without disabilities and to create positive experiences that motivate further physical activity.
- Athletes who cannot participate in official Special Olympics sports competition due to their skill and/or functional abilities
- Participating athletes, Unified Partners, coaches, volunteers and supervisors
- Family members and friends
- People without disability, including school classes, kindergartens, spectators
- Number of stations: 16
- There is no fixed order or number of stations to be completed.
- The route card lists all of the available stations. For each completed station, the participant gets a stamp.
- Each activity can be adapted according to the participant's ability level.
- Each participant is honored on stage with award ceremony music and a participation ribbon.
- The NCSO has no competitive element, the focus is on everyone enjoying their own personal success.